Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Excerpt from Can't Forget

Can’t Forget
By Colleen S. Myers
Science Fiction Romance
$4.99
Amazon
Kobo
Champagne Books

If she can’t forget her past, she won’t have a future.

EXCERPT

“That is for later. No peeking.” Well, now I deeply regretted not looking. He must have read my expression because his laughter rang out.

“I love you.”

And just like that he dropped it on me. I froze like a deer in headlights. My heart fluttered. I’d suspected for a while that he did. He’d told it to me in so many small ways since I moved in. I was the first and last thing he thought of every day, that last he had told me. But this was the first time he used the L word. How I felt was more complicated. I was human and he was Fost. And to be honest, I didn’t know what I was anymore, not after the E’mani because I wasn’t me.

He laughed even more at my expression. “It is all right, I do not expect a response, but I wanted you to know.” He glanced down and shifted in his seat.

I pretended it was fine like he said and cleared my throat. “So.”

The silence stretched for a few beats. But it wasn’t all right.

Oh, forget it. I was no good at lying to myself or anyone else. He needed something.

I stood up and wrangled his chair sideways then crawled onto his lap. “Hey.” I lifted his chin. “I’ve never felt this way about anyone before and it kind of scares me.”

Not that I had much experience, but he didn’t need to know that. This was all I could give him right now and I knew it wouldn’t be enough if he pushed, and he always pushed. It was his nature. But still, I couldn’t give him the words. I was unreasonably afraid that once I did, I wouldn’t get my revenge on the E’mani. That somehow loving him affected my ability to hate the E’mani. And I did so love to hate the E’mani.

He stared into my eyes looking for who knows what. The moment lingered and he remained stiff for another fraction of a second then relaxed and let his hands travel up my back. “It scares me too, how much I feel for you.”

Again my heart thumped and goose bumps broke out across my skin at the intent look in his eyes. This close, I saw the love shining in his gaze so I didn’t look. Instead, I twined my arms around his shoulders and kissed him. My chest brushed his and my nipples tightened. I rocked my pelvis against his and he groaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment