Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

New Release: The Rose Hunter

The Rose Hunter
Ciara Gold
Paranormal/Fantasy Romance
$4.99
Amazon: http://goo.gl/vvFPYb
Kobo: https://goo.gl/PX4kbZ
Champagne Bookstore: http://goo.gl/8XqrHm

When magic and love collide, love can be as elusive as hunting for a long lost talisman?

EXCERPT

Simon led him down a long corridor until they arrived at a closed door. “Here ye be, lad.” He tapped the door with his cane. “Ye’ll find the accommodation sparse but clean. Just call out if ye need anything. Most Beings have exceptional hearin’, so ye need no’ worry ye won’t be heard.”

Lucian pushed the door wide and gazed down at Simon to thank him when his eye caught movement. Lyerra rested her arms on the balcony rail farther down the hall. Her shoulders heaved. Did she cry?

He pushed past Simon. “Lyerra?”

Tears streamed down her cheeks. “Go to your aunt. I’m not fit company.”

“I don’t understand.” He was at a loss. She’d been nothing but rude to him, and yet he felt a strong need to offer her comfort. “You should be well pleased with your efforts on Noreen’s behalf. You delivered a beautiful baby, a true miracle.”

“But I didn’t finish the task.”

“Did the delivery take too much out of you? Is that why your powers failed?”

She wiped at the tears. “Don’t worry over me. Please. I don’t think I could bear your concern.”

“Is it just my concern you can’t bear?” He laid a comforting arm on her shoulders.

She jerked from his grasp. “Don’t touch me! You can’t touch me. Not until I understand better why you affect me so.”

“Affect you? We’ve only just met. How can a human affect you?” He found her reaction puzzling. Her emotions fluctuated from one extreme to another. Her mental state indicated intense confusion. Did her heart beat irregularly? Was her breathing labored? Her pulse thready? Once again, a strong desire to discover what ailed her overwhelmed him. How could he examine her if he couldn’t touch her? “You seem overwrought. Maybe you’d better sit. I could fetch you a glass of water.”

“Water? You think a drink will fix me? Oh Freyr, save me from this human.” She rolled her damp eyes to the ceiling then leveled her gaze on him. “I don’t know you. I don’t want to know you. And I absolutely refuse to allow you to be my mate. I won’t allow you to fall in love with me or vice versa.” She turned and flew down the stairway.

His jaw dropped, and he gaped at her retreating figure. Mate? Where had that sentiment come from? As if he would even consider taking someone with such spiraling emotions for a wife. When the shock dissipated, he shouted after her. “Good. Because I-I have a fiancée.”

She stumbled on the last step and disappeared amid a sea of ribbons.

No comments:

Post a Comment