Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Journey of PLANET by January Bain


The Powers That Be
Last night I saw Earth’s government, the United World Government, as hiding the big picture from the populace. (Absolute power corrupts absolutely.) I could see the scene unfolding in from of my eyes: the men in power thinking they know what’s right for everyone and yet some of the people’s “servants” were harboring unspoken selfish intentions. That will be my focus for the next few days.
I also saw “Space Arks” as the type of efficient transport that would allow the kind of world-scale evacuation my novel calls for. The words feel very right and I will spend time researching, one of my favorite things to do.
It’s appearing more and more obvious to me in recent days that I am not going to be writing my usual “romance” book but one with a different scope. It appears to be more about different families and their experience leading up to the mass exodus with government cover-ups coming into focus. I do love a good mystery! And this one is a mystery to me yet…
…And a few days later and my novel is not without its hero. The hero who showed himself today is, tah-dah: one Joshua Carpenter: official in the United World Government who is not the usual ‘suit’, but a man of character who has a altruistic nature though he still knows how to play the game. He will add a real interesting edge to our story as he fights from within the system.

http://www.januarybain.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment