Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

FOREVER MAN'S MUSE by January Bain


A couple of years ago October (I remember it very clearly) a fierce urge to write a book overcame me. This wasn't my first try, but this was the first time I was going to give it my all. I had been watching the movie, The Green Mile, with Tom Hanks and it really spoke to me. I wanted to be a healer like the gentle giant that had that gift in the story. At the time I had just lost two dear brothers to cancer and I was grieving their loss. And so I lost myself and buried my grief in writing a novel about a gifted healer named Ellie Hightower.

As her journey unfolded I began to heal. I was the character and I could do what she did for long stretches of time. It was pure freedom and so a series was born, The Forever Series, which appears to be never ending.

What has caused you to write the stories you do?

3 comments:

  1. Love the reason for your series, January, and I want to read it now!

    I wrote my first tween novel (just published) partly because of losing my father at twelve and wanting to explore a 13 year old's grief at being orphaned, but with the healing and hope she finds on an island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first book is on my to be read list. You made a wise choice for the cover, too. I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rosemary and Julie for your support. It means a lot to me. As the saying goes, you do more good than you know!!!

    ReplyDelete